The Survey, conducted by Gartner, rated tools by the 42 leading vendors who appear on Gartner’s Magic Quadrant. The vendor list covers all the known industry players from Megavendors like SAP, Oracle, IBM and Microsoft, through Data Discovery vendors like Tableau and Qlik, Magic Quadrant Visionaries like Panorama and Alteryx and 36 others.
The survey’s results, published a couple of weeks ago, exhibit once again that Megavendors are judged below average on many measures of customer success, while smaller independents and data discovery vendors win most of the above average ratings.
The winners this year are Birst and Panorama Software. Panorama Software, who won flying colors last year, came out topmost on 5 categories, including the BI Success Factor Score and the Business Benefit Score. Notable is the win on BI Success Factor as it averages Product, Customer Experience, Sales Experience and Performance. Panorama Software came in second on 5 categories, including Composite Ease of Use, Percentage of Customers Using the Widest Range of Analytic Styles, and Average Integration Score. It was rated as top 5 on 6 additional categories and above average on all the rest. A very remarkable result especially in view of the competition.
Other vendors who fared well in the survey include Logi Analytics, Bitam and Tableau.
Panorama received the topmost score out of all MQ vendors on the following:
- BI Success Factor Score that averages Product, Customer Experience, Sales Experience and Performance.
- Average Business Benefit Score
- Ability to embed and customize BI Platform Components in an Application or Portal
- Ability to promote Business User-Generated Data Mashups to the System of Record
- Integrated and Common Frond-End Tools
It received the 2 position on:
- Composite Ease of Use
- Percentage of Customers Using the widest range of analytic styles
- Average Integration Score
- Integration across BI Platform Components
- A Common Semantic Layer Across Components
It was rate top 5 for:
- Sales Experience Score
- Customer Experience Score
- Average Support Score
- View of the Vendor Future Score
- Ease of Upgrade score
- Ability to integrate with Complementary BI capabilities
- A Common Security Model and Admin Application Components Across the Platform