We respect your privacy and are determined to protect your personal data. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you fill out the recruitment form on our website (regardless of where you visit it from). We’ll also tell you about your privacy rights and how the data protection law protects you.
This privacy notice applies to the recruitment form on our website only; this notice does not apply to applications made on external recruitment websites. Additionally, a separate notice will apply to the recruitment process if you are invited further and will be available upon request.
This privacy notice is provided in a cascaded format so you can expand the specific areas set out below that are relevant to your interest.
About this privacy notice
Dolphin IT Solutions (UK) Ltd is a "data controller". This means we are required under the UK data protection legislation to notify you of how we will collect, process and store your personal data during the application and recruitment process. We will also explain what rights you have in relation to how we process your personal data.
What are our obligations to you in relation to how we process your personal data?
We are required by law to ensure that when processing any of your personal data that it is:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept in a form which permits you to be identified for only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
What personal data will we collect, use and store about you?
In order to process your job application from our website we will collect the following information about you:
- Your name, town of residence, and contact details, including email address & contact number;
- Details of your specific skills related to the Information Technology sector.
- Information about your employment status and expected level of remuneration.
- Additional details listed on any attachments you upload in the CV & cover letter file inputs.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect this data from the recruitment form on our website, as well as any CVs or cover letters you upload.
We will only seek additional information from you or third parties (such as references) if you have been shortlisted.
How will we use your personal data?
When you submit an application, we will need to process your personal data for one or more of the following lawful bases:
- Where we need to process your personal data to take specific steps or make specific decisions before contacting you with our decision, or we need to process data to take your application further.
- Where we need to process your personal data to comply with a legal obligation, for example if your application is successful we will check your right to work in the UK before a job offer is made.
- Our legitimate reason for processing your personal data is to enable us to gather data so that we can assess which candidate’s skills and experience is the best match with our job role requirements and therefore suitable for employment. We also need to process job application information in order to respond to and defend against legal complaints. We will process your personal data for these legitimate reasons provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to protect your interests.
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
When will we use your personal data?
During the application and recruitment process and for a short period after the recruitment process, we will use your personal information for specific purposes. The table below describes the purpose of our processing, the personal data involved (from What personal data will we collect, use and store about you? above) and the lawful basis for our processing (from Purposes for which we will use your personal data above):
|Purpose||Personal data involved||Lawful basis for processing|
|Assessing suitability to perform the role||
||We use this information to ensure you are a suitable candidate for the role|
|Getting in touch with you regarding our decision||
||We use this information to reply to your application detailing our decision related to your application, and any applicable comments.|
|Assessing suitability for future roles||
||We use this information and may keep your details on record if we feel you would be a suitable candidate for future vacancies (at your request) if your application has been unsuccessful, or if you chose to make a general application.|
What happens if you do not provide us with information?
We will only ask you to provide information which we believe is necessary for the initial application and recruitment process. You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide sufficient information, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
What happens if we need to use your personal data for a new purpose?
We have indicated above a list of circumstances in which we will use your data. We will usually only use your personal data as indicated. However, if we consider that it is necessary and reasonable to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
How do we use your special categories information?
Automated decision making
During the application and recruitment process we do not rely on any automated decision making.
Will we share your personal data with third parties? If so, which third party service providers will we share your personal data with?
We will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and you accept our offer of employment.
If that occurs, we will then share your data with:
- Former employers to obtain references for you
- Employment background check providers to obtain necessary background checks, and the Disclosure and Barring Service to obtain necessary criminal record checks (only where applicable)
Third party service providers and data security
Third party service providers are only permitted to process your personal data in accordance with our specified instructions. They are also required to take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and personal information. We do not allow your information to be used by the third parties for its own purposes and business activities.
Will we share your personal data with other entities within our business group?
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes:
- Members of the HR and / or recruitment team
- Managers involved in the recruitment process
- Managers in the business area with a vacancy
- IT Staff
Will we transfer your personal data outside of the UK?
We will not transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom.
How do we ensure your personal data is secure?
We take your privacy and protection of data very seriously. Consequently, we have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised use of your personal data. Details of the measures which are in place can be obtained from Andy Taylor. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of any suspected unauthorised use of your personal data.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected for.
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, with your consent we will hold your data on file for twelve months after the end of the relevant recruitment process.
If you have made a generic application for any future vacancies, we will hold your application on file for twelve months from the date of submission.
At the end of the twelve months in either circumstance, or at your request before the twelve months has ended, your data will be deleted.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained for the duration of your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be available in our internal data retention policy which will be presented to you when you begin working.
How will we store your data?
Your data will be stored in a number of different places, including on your application record, our internal network and in our internal business management system.
Your duty to inform us of any changes
In order that we can ensure that the personal data we hold in relation to you is accurate, it is important that you keep us informed of any changes to that data.
What rights do you have in respect of how we use your personal data?
Subject to legal limitations you have the right to:
- Request access to your data: You can ask us to provide a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request corrections to be made to your data: If you think that your personal data is incomplete or inaccurate you can ask us to correct it.
- Request erasure of your data: If you consider there is no lawful basis for us to continue processing your data you can ask for that data to be deleted.
- Object to the processing of your data: If our lawful basis for processing your data relates to a legitimate business interest (or third party interest) you can raise an objection to that interest. You can also object to us using your information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request that processing restrictions be put in place: If you believe that your information is being processed without a lawful reason or that the information is incorrect you can request that a freeze/restricting is placed on the processing of the information until your concerns are addressed.
- Request a transfer of your personal data: You can ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights please contact Andy Taylor.
You will not be expected to pay a fee to obtain your personal data unless we consider that your request for access to data is unfounded or excessive. In these circumstances we may charge you a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request. We may also charge a reasonable fee where we have supplied a copy of your personal data and you then request another copy of the same information.
Whenever you make a request for access to personal data, to ensure that we are releasing personal data to the correct person we may ask questions to confirm your identity.
Right to withdraw your consent
If we have asked for your written consent to obtain information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To withdraw your consent please contact Andy Taylor. Once we receive your notice of withdrawal we will cease processing your data unless we have any other lawful basis on which to continue processing that data.
Who is responsible for ensuring that rights and obligations under this privacy notice are met?
We have appointed a Data Protection Office to ensure that your personal information is handled in accordance with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any changes that might be made to those laws. If you have any concerns or complaint relating to how we process your personal data you are entitled to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. This office oversees all UK data protection issues.
Important information about this privacy notice
This notice does not form part of any contract of potential employment or any other contract to provide services. We reserve the right to amend or update this privacy notice at any time.
How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our data protection officer, Andy Taylor. If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email or at the Information Commissioner's Office, located at:Information Commissioner's Office,